Sunday, December 16, 2007

first 30 minute run

on monday, 12/10, at 5:30PM i did my first run. i ran behind the embassy suites hotel in baton rouge, louisiana.

i ran through some small business parking lots and down a street with slow traffic. after running for what i was sure must have been at least 30 minutes, i looked down at my cell phone to check the time. i had run 3 full minutes. no joke.

luckily there was a park, and i also found a large residential community. the gorgeous homes seemed to make the time fly by as i ran. i was able to run in the community for 3 straight days in a beautiful neighborhood with immaculate yards. i'm sure the owners loved seeing me running accross their lawns. albeit the small section in front of their sidewalks.

beau

1 comment:

Y-it said...

That's exactly what happened to me back when I trained for my marathon. I was sure I ran 10 miles in 30 minutes. I ran .5 miles in 10 minutes. It was ugly.